2005 Camry pricing

First step I aill do some research on Internet.

Usually I get MSRP and Invoice price. I know MSRP is too high. How is Invoice price related to final out-the-door price.

My friends told me you can get Invoice price cover everything including tax, destination fee, lisence fee, etc. The deal is good.

The dealer is tricky and you have to have your bottom line. Any tips on buying new car?

BTW, I am in Los Angeles Area.

-fj

Reply to
fj

I doubt you can get out of the door price the same as invoice price. It is possible to get a price which is $1000 below invoice but still when you add fees and taxes it will be more than that. You can get quotes from carsdirect and autobytel and then try to negotiate with your dealer. I'm from LA area too. When I showed my prices to my local dealer he was just laughing and told me it's unreal. Finally I bought a car via autobytel and out of the door price was $900 over invoice.

Reply to
Hans

Go to library and find an APRIL issue of Consumer Reports. They always have an article about negotiating the purchase of a car. Make sure everything is in writing. Cross off all the boilerplate in the back of the contract by writing on the front "All terms on the back of this agreeement are void." After you have a handwritten deal, they will use a computer to type up a nice one. Make sure they match and add the "All terms....... void" sentence. You don't have to read the terms you are voiding. I guarantee you that those terms are not on your side. There are tons more of suggestions but that is all the time i have.

Reply to
Art

Here in South Florida we have dealers that advertise low balls for the 2005 Camry LE for $13,900, so if you can live without an automatic transmission you can get one for that price. You sit and wait till they give you the advertised price, waited for 4 hours and talked 2 people out of 6 cylinder models. I did this on a 2004 last year and got it for $14,730 plus taxes. They weren't happy about that, the list sticker price was $19,605.

Ben

Reply to
ben

2005

Usually a low advertised price comes associated with a specific vin. That particular VIN is never available is just to make you come to the dealership.

Reply to
James Atkinson

Your right. You first have to do some research. You have to find out the invoice price and any incentives. This can be done with the internet or publications that publish those figures.

Once you've got a close approximation of their cost, add $500-$900 for their profit. They have light bills to pay, benefits to provide, mortgage to pay, etc. When you go to the dealer, explain to them that you're serious and you'll buy the car at that price. This is very important as they need to know that you're really going to buy the car. If they try to negotiate with you, kindly mention that you don't want to negotiate and just want a "Yes" or "No" answer and that there won't be any hard feeling if they say "No." Just in case, have a maximum amount ready that you're willing to pay. Don't fall for the "monthly payment" talk. Figure the maximum monthly payment you're willing to pay before getting to the dealer.

The best time of buy a car is Nov. through Jan. --- especially towards the end of December. This period is typicall when the sales departments lose money because no one is buying cars. Everyone is spending their money for Christmas. They're hungry for any business they can get. Just remember they have to make some money, even if just a little bit.

I'm in Florida. If you were here, I'd recommend you to the salesman I deal with.

Reply to
Viperkiller

Did you try Longo Toyota? I went to their lot yesterday, they are damn huge. Hundreds of new Camry sitting there. The sticker price, MSRP is $20,490. The sales man said they are supposed to sell 20K Camry this year. There are 2K to go till the end of December. You can see there is a gap and they are fall behind. I believe there will be more aggressive promotion towards the end of the year.

When I said I will buy one in December, the sales man seemed not interested any more. It was Saturday and they are so busy.

I'll keep you posted how things are going.

-fj

add

carsdirect

Reply to
fj

No, it's a bit too far for me. I bought my car from Toyota of Oxnard as autobytel directed me there. What salesman told you it's just a b***it. They always have the best deal and somehow it happens just for you at this very moment when you visit them. If you can wait till the end of December you can really get a good deal. Usually you get the best prices after Christmas. One more good place to look at is Keys Toyota in Van Nuys.

Reply to
Hans

Highly recommend Toyota of Oxnard as well. I'm from Seattle but while visiting my cousin in LA bought my no-thrills Camry 05 LE on September

3 for 18.200 OTD after rebate. Limited color selection but I wanted grey anyway. Good service. You should talk to internet/ fleet sales manager(s). Bobby Sanchez was great to deal with.

Alex

Reply to
ZigZoo

I have to agree with you. This is the guy who sold a Highlander for me. Everything was painless, no tricks or hidden fees.

Reply to
Hans

deal

them.

Your price information is very helpful. Thanks a lot.

Did you add any options on top of a STD Camry LE? BTW here is a very interesting link I found. Scroll down the page.

Frank

Reply to
fj

Nope, but it did come with the floor and trunk mats. BTW the price I mentioned includeed brutal 9% WA/Seattle sales tax.

Alex

Reply to
ZigZoo

I just bought a 2005 Camry LE with the optional Side Curtain Air Bags and Carpeted Floor/Trunk Mats on December 31 for $18,679 + Tax, less the $750 cash back offered by Toyota. MSRP was $21, 889. The $18,679 was the Invoice price for the car and options. I found out that there is about $900 worth of dealer profit hidden in the Invoice Price, so they can say they sold it at Invoice. I also found that Edmunds, Kelly Blue Book and Autobytel are nothing more than lead generators for the car dealers. I don't like the idea of negotiating with a salesman, sales manager, appraiser, etc., but once I get into it, it is actually fun. They key is to do your homework and be willing to walk out if they don't get to your price. Good luck in your search.

"Viperkiller" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
PHIL

where did you find out about the hidden profit built into the invoice? I just bought a '05 Camry with the same options.

roxy

$900

Autobytel

price.

Reply to
Roxy

I'm glad that you are happy with the deal the you got. I've come to a point that it's no longer a hassle to deal with the car dealership. I simply provide a price after doing research like you did. I specifically just ask them for a "Yes" or "No" answer. Most of the time, they say "Yes" as long as they're making money still. On the times, that they've said "No," I've gotten call backs from them later on when they've changed their mind. One exception, the Lexus dealerships don't negotiate too far from their sticker price though.

Reply to
Viperkiller