2005 Camry V6 XLE Air Filter Change

I just purchased a Camry V6 XLE with the 210hp 3.0L engine. As my 3rd camry, I noticed that the new VVT-I engine's air filter box has two bolts now instead of the clamps on previous camry 4cyl & 6 cyl engines. Is there any precaution I need to take to change the air filter, any removal of parts... etc.

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Luke

Reply to
lucian688

If, as in 03's, the air filter only goes in "one way" so make sure you look at the existing filter's orientation before you pull it out.

Reply to
timbirr

bear in mind when you change it.

  1. The bolts arent normally supposed to come all the way out. So loosen em with a 10mm socket until the housing top will come up. BTW no need to try to remove the top of the filter housing, just pull it up high enough to slide the old filter out.
  2. Take a good look at the new filter. 3 corners on the rubber seal are curved and one is straight. So it wont fit the housing just any old way. Carefully examine the old filter as you pull it out, on mine the flatedge on the filter was front left. Match the flat area to its matching groove in the housing to install it. If you did it wrong you'll know because the housing bolts wont quite reach into their holes.
Reply to
marc780 via CarKB.com