2006 Camry: Beep and then radio shuts off

With a 2006 Camry (purchased in September 2005), for the first time, I heard a beep, followed by the radio shutting off.

I was able to restart the radio.

Is this a known problem?

How to fix the problem?

Reply to
Howard Kaikow

On my 2005, if I press and hold the mode button on the steering wheel for a couple seconds, the radio will beep and shut off. Also, you can press mode to turn the radio on. Maybe you accidentally pressed this button? If not, maybe there is a problem with the button or the wiring harness in between. Hope this helps.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

If I was pressing on the mode button, I wsa not aware that I was doing so. However, pressing, and holding, th mode button does replicate the behavior. I guess that I'l wait until it happens again.

Reply to
Howard Kaikow

I just fiddled withsteering wheel.

I see NO way that I could have accidentally pressed AND HELD the button to cause the beep and radio to turn off.

Reply to
Howard Kaikow