2006 camry parked on an incline

I just recently noticed that when I am parking on an incline with the front of the car facing down the incline.. Once I put the car in park it rolls foward about an inch which is normal however once it stops there is a terrible vibration...has this happen to anyone else?

Reply to
RicknKnox

That is why god invented parking brakes.

Reply to
qslim

Check to see if its the brake or parking gear , if its the parking gear making the noise you are trashing it. Put it in neutral then use the brake if it stops and makes the noise all is normal, you dont want the holding power on the parking gear.

Reply to
m Ransley

amen.. parking / hand brake

skewe

Rolls downhill an inch once you release the brake. It may help to engage the parking brake before releasing the foot brake.

No, it's not supposed to make a terrible vibration. No car I ever drove did. Check with the service manager, at least get it documented so a few years down when they come up with a TSB, you can get it fixed free.

Reply to
johngdole

This is witthout the parkbrake? If so get to the dealer. If not so, its the parkbrake slipping,..apply harder.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James