2007 Camry - Air Conditioner - Warm on One Side and Cold on the Other

I always hate taking the car into the garage for anything to be checked out because it seems like I always get it back with some other problem. I took my 2007 Camry LE 4-cylinder in to a non-Toyota garage just to have the wheel bearing checked because I thought they it was noisy. It turned out to have no problems with the bearings. I got the car back and I can't be sure if it was like this the very moment I got it back, but within a day or two, now when I move the temperature control all the way to warm, I have warm air coming out all four dash vents. When I move the temperature all the way to cold, the two passenger side vents go all the way to cold, but the driver's side vents only go about halfway. So I've got cabin-temperature air coming out one side and cold air coming out the other.

I can't imagine what blend doors or anything under the dash could have had to do with checking a wheel bearing, but I can't help that strange connection between having your car in the shop and getting it back with another problem.

So the guy wants me to leave the car there all day and I'm not really in the mood to do that, so I thought I might try to find out why this is happening myself. I was thinking a blend door might be stuck somewhere, but how do you get to them?

I haven't taken a car apart in ages, but back when I did that kind of thing, there were screws for everything. Now all the screws are hidden. Is it all just a snap-together thing? Am I supposed to pry bits and pieces off with a screwdriver?

Damaeus

Reply to
Damaeus

I'm sure you are aware but I'll mention it anyways---the heating/AC systems have the option for separate driver/passenger settings/control whereas you can control the temperature of each differently. Have you checked to verify that you're not in that operating mode? MLD

Reply to
MLD

In news:alt.autos.toyota.camry, "MLD" posted on Wed, 4 Sep 2013 15:25:54 -0400 the following:

Sorry, this Camry does not have that feature.

I checked the different vent settings and if I switch to the windshield or the floor vents, it's still warm on one side and cold on the other.

Maybe the build all the Camrys with the blend doors for dual temperature, while only putting the controls for it on the cars that actually have that as a usable feature.

Damaeus

Reply to
Damaeus

I had the same problem with my 2007 camry 3.5 Q V6...Before you have anythi ng done, I checked some forums with this same problem and a technician poin ted out that with Toyota's specifically the Camry's and 4 Runners, this hap pens when your freon is low. I just took mine to a shop and charged the fre on and now I have icy cold AC on both sides...

Reply to
vfgomez

replying to vfgomez, Ayo wrote: Same with my camry 2007, freon charged and it's ice cold

Reply to
Ayo

If you click on the next site that is OK.

But when I clicked on one of the links therein, I got sent to a scam site.

Reply to
brendan welch