2007 Camry Hybrid

There is a toxic chemical smell coming from my AC and Heater into the car and it is causing my lips to burn and the back of my throat to burn and my tongue to feel numb. I have had it into the Toyota dealer and to another shop and they have not been able to eradicate the smell. Does anyone out there know what it could be and better yet what to do? The dealer denies smelling anything but I am sure they do not want to have to deal with any issues. My friends road in my car one day and they are still talking about the horrible smell.

Reply to
lpatterson30 via CarKB.com

CarKB.comhttp://www.carkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/toyota-camry/200712/1 Complian to Toyota not the dealer, and leave the car out in the sun to bake out New Car Oders as the car has alot of plastic in it.

Reply to
ransley

did you ever try beano?

Reply to
Father Guido

I would IMMEDIATELY get in touch with the NHTSA,

lpatters> There is a toxic chemical smell coming from my AC and Heater into the car and

Reply to
Wayne55dud

Or at least let your dealer and the local Toyota zone office know you're about to do that.

Reply to
David In NH

Battery pack going bad? I personally think people would be better off with the GM-BMW-Mercedes two mode hybrid system coming online.

"Ray Molton, who works in the real estate industry in Houston, Texas. Ray wrote, "My 2001 Toyota Prius lasted five years and 113,000 miles. And then the batteries seemed to die. My dealer estimated the replacement cost at $7,000. They recommended scrapping the car for parts.""

CarKB.comhttp://www.carkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/toyota-camry/200712/1

Reply to
johngdole

I guess that's a long shot, how can the battery pack, in the trunk, affect the AC, in front.

Reply to
EdV

Other than trying Beano, others have given some good suggestions. You might see what others with this problem are doing at

There is a thread on it but I've not read it.

John

Reply to
JEB