2007 Camry LE: Missing Exhaust Manifold Cover?

Just purchased a new 2007 Camry LE last week and I love it. At the dealership I noticed that some Camry's randomly have a cover that covers what appears to be the exhaust manifold attached to the front of the engine. The cover was absent on my car. I asked the salesman about this and was told thats how the cars ship from the factory. Seems strange that some cars get the cover and others don't.

Any thoughts on this? Is it a concern?

Picture I found showing the cover:

George

Reply to
nobody

Random cost cutting?

See you can ask for one from the service manager. Or get one from the Toyota 800 number. It's always good to have a heat shield protecting other things in the engine bay from heat.

cover:

johngdole

I remember the previous generation camry had the same deal on the 4 cyls. The california cars had a catalytic converter built into the manifold instead of just pipes like all the others, and none of them came with a shield for some reason. Maybe this is true for the current generation.

Reply to
qslim