2007 Camry Smart Key

How do I reprogram my 2007 Camry Hybird remote to automatically unlock all four doors from the driver's side with the key in my pocket?

Reply to
jim_kidder

This is one of the easier changes that can be made (AND can actually be done by the owner!):

1) Make sure that the "POWER" switch is OFF.

2) On the Remote FOB, press and hold the Lock button while holding that button, press and hold any other button for a total of about 5 seconds. (I suggest you don't use the ALARM button -- If you slip up and hit ALARM before the LOCK button, the HORN starts making all types of noise.

3) If all goes well, you will hear two dual beeps (beep-beep about 1 second delay then beep-beep). Also, if you're looking at the MFD you will see an indicator of the car and 4 doors being open. This means that when you unlock the driver door, all doors will be unlocked.

4) If you repeat step 2 a second time: You will hear three dual beeps. Also, if you're looking at the MFD you will see an indicator of the car and

3 doors being open. This means that when you unlock the driver door, only the driver door will be unlocked.

From PAGE 40 of Japan-Manufactured Hybrid manual.

I hope this helps.

Reply to
John

Is that manual available on line?

Reply to
Roy

Yes,

There is an on-line manual (it is interactive, I don't know if it can be downloaded).

It's best to have a fast internet connection. (I'm limited to dial-up, so it's S-L-O-W.)

Address:

then select "2007 iGuide".

Another item:

If you have a Camry hybrid, I suggest you join two forums:

1)
2)
PriusChat includes some members who have had some of the first U.S. available Prius models.

Posters/members for both of these forums include people who are: "normal" owners/drivers; those trying to get maximum mileage; those who are into modifying their cars to make their cars more personalized; and those who want to know more about their cars.. Also, several Toyota trained and certified hybrid technicians are members of these forums and provide a wealth of information.

Since these forums include such a wide range of participants, I find these forums invaluable for understanding how the Toyota HSD system works, along with keeping me "up-to-date" on problems/complaints others are having with their cars and what to do if I encounter the same problems.

previous data edited out for brevity

Reply to
John