2007 Camry - Vibration through entire car

Hello, 07 Camry V6 LE here, purchased back in April 2006. Currently ~26,000 miles.

Issue:

- When driving on smooth roads and at higher speeds, 70mph+, a "vibration" seems to come from the front end.

- I have purchased a whole new set of tires (Goodyear ResponsEdge) and balanced them 3 times already (even with a "dynamic roadforce balance on a Hunter? balancer.) I have swapped the tires front and back, side to side, as well as used the full size spare, however the vibration still exists.

- The vibration noticeable and can be felt through the entire car and through the steering wheel, but only when the road is smooth. Bumpy roads, the whole car is vibrating, so can't really feel the "smooth road high speed vibration."

- Lower speeds on smooth roads, less than 50mph, none of the "highspeed vibration" exists.

Can anyone suggest what could possible be wrong? The local dealer says that it's the expansion joints in the road and when they took it out for a "drive," they couldn't feel the vibration. But it is indeed there.

Thanks for anyone help

Reply to
none test

Vibrations of this sort can be very difficult to diagnose. Does the vibration change if you coast? How about if you apply the brakes? Have you struck anything? Have you had the tires balanced on the car (the dealer should do this - it requires balancing equipment most tire shops don't have)?

If you are looking for SWAGS, I'd suspect one of the halfshafts (or the CVT or tripod joints that are part of the halfshafts). I assume the car is still under warranty. Maybe you should try a different dealer. I'd also suggest that you ask the service writer (or a mechanic) to ride along on a test drive so you can pin point the problem.

Possible causes for vibrations:

tires - ruled out halfshafts/CV joints wheel bearings brake rotors shocks/struts motor mounts engine / transmission related vibrations

See

Years ago I had a Fiesta that had similar symptoms. I did all the same things you have tried and nothing worked. The CV joints appeared to be good, but I took a chance and disassembled the joints, cleaned them, and repacked them with new grease - problem solved.

Regards,

Ed Whites

Reply to
C. E. White