2008 Camry Hybrid rattles

Thought I would post solutions for 2 camry hybrid rattles.

First was clicking in center vent of dash HVAC. AC had to be on for a while before clicking started. Initially dealer found no problem but after polite encouragement they changed the center dashboard vent and that solved it. It must have been slightly out of tolerances and started clicking after it was cooled by the HVAC system.

Shortly after an annoying rattle thru-out the car. First I thought it was the dashboard from previous repair. Then I thought it was the roof liner. Turned out to be a velcro carpet seam in the trunk. Fold down the rear seats and you will find a velcro seam in the trunk right behind them. Wiggle it a bit and you can duplicate the rattle. For a repair that will last a while, stretch the 2 pieces of carpet and squeeze the velcro seam tight.

Reply to
Art

Please post the cure for the intermittant rattle behind the the passenger sunshade in front of the sunroof opening, if you stumble upon it.

Reply to
Bob H

I would check the trunk velcro seam since it was hard to figure out where the noise caused by it was coming from. We thought it was coming from roofliner and/or dashboard so it could be your sunshade rattle.

We also get a rattle from around handle on driver side of roof. I'm talking about the grab handle for driver attached to roof. It showed up after they fixed A frame molding misalignment due to a bent clip. I might check tightness of handle's screws.

Reply to
Art