2009 camry, some thiny vibration

Hi, I just bought 2009 Camry with 18000 miles on her. I4 2.4l engine. This is my 1st japanese car ever. I have a question. Perhaps I am too sensitive about cars, but here you go. I like the car handling. Is a little louder that my previous Buick Lacrosse. I don't like in Camry that when I'm on intersection waiting for green light, car is idling, gear in drive mode I can feel very, very small vibration on steering wheel and the seat so seat is kind a tingling me. These vibration are very small. If I put cat to neutral these vibration disappears. On my Buick I couldn't feel anything. I was not even sure if engine is working. Is that normal or there is something to be concern? thanks bolo

Reply to
bolo

Just a guess, but could it be just the difference in "feel" between a V6 and an I4?

Reply to
Phil McCracken

Reply to
johngdole

You could be right, but vibrations are vibrations. This could be just me too. When comes to cars I'm just too sensitive to perfections. This a course:) I will check it at dealer.

Reply to
bolo

Its probably normal, but if you try high octane gas and it runs better it needs a tuning, but at 18000 that doesnt seem likely, but 18000 on an 09, it sounds like it was a rental car you bought, you wouldnt want to buy any rental I have driven.

Reply to
ransley

It's kind of disheartening that they never fixed that with the Camry four automatics. Even with new motor mounts, our '95 sedan feels more like a Yugo while idling in gear at lights. I shift into Neutral when possible until the light goes yellow.

Reply to
Leftie

cleaning the throttle body and mass air flow sensor may help. If you dont know how to do this buy or borrow a chilton manual and DIY. I do this every 6 months and it does make a difference in the way my 2000 tacoma idles. But it does sound like motor mounts. You should be covered by bumper to bumper warranty till 36000 miles. Find a toyota dealer you can trust.

Reply to
sciguy

Its probably normal, but if you try high octane gas and it runs better it needs a tuning, but at 18000 that doesnt seem likely, but 18000 on an 09, it sounds like it was a rental car you bought, you wouldnt want to buy any rental I have driven.

LOL, I have to concure with this statement. I had my rental for a week and a half, put 1100 miles on it and rode it hard the whole way. The 2009 Mazda 6 isn't a go cart like the Corollas are, but they are still a little fun to drive.

Reply to
Reasoned Insanity

It's NOT you. I have a 2009 Camry 4cyl(only4000 Mi.-bought new) that is doing what you are complaining about. Prior to this car I drove my wifes 2003 Camry 4cyl(Both the '03 and the '09 use the same engine, but diff trans.) and traded in my

1997 Camry 4 cyl for this one. Neither of those 2 cars was as noisy as this one(mostly wind noise at high speed), nor did they vibrate as much as this one at a stop light(in gear), the only time that I felt *any* vibrations was when the AC kicked in. Admittedly the vibration is light, and you can stop it by shifting to "N", But it's annoying when your previous car was smooth. Personally, my bigger complaint is the wind noise, but I guess I'll have to learn to live with that. I don't think Toyotas are built with as much attention to details as they use to.

Reply to
JerryR

it's about 750.

Reply to
bolo

Tghis bugs me too. I read that some people put some "filler" between rubber and door steel frame.

Reply to
bolo

18,000 miles is a little high for a current model year vehicle.

750 RPM doe not sound too low, but you may ask your local Toyota dealer what the specified idle RPM is in drive, and describe the condition that concerns you.

Changing the transmission fluid will not make a difference, and Toyota does not recommend changing the transmission strainer as routine maintenance. Cleaning the throttle body will not change the condition, and neither will changing the motor or transmission mounts unless the vehicle has previously been in a collision severe enough to require frame straightening.

Unfortunately, the condition you are describing sounds normal for a 4 cylinder car, but the best way to determine whether the condition is normal or not is to have your local Toyota dealer check it out.

Reply to
Ray O

I think I found solution to my problems - Lexus:) I will give my Camry 2-3 years and my next purchase will be ES350

Reply to
bolo

Also look at a V6 Camry.

Reply to
Ray O

Yeah, except the 3.5L engines are prone to piston slaps even when new. One Lexus owner tried three new ES's and they all piston slap on the dealer lot! Just google.

And did they ever solved the transmissi> I think I found solution to my problems - Lexus:)

Reply to
johngdole

I assume you are replying to the original poster, and not me. Our Camry has been off warranty for ... a while now. ;-)

Reply to
Leftie

If you ever find out more about it(the"Filler") please post it Thanks Jerry

Reply to
JerryR

You feel the vibration at 750 rpm idle? Ideally, idle rpm while on D and N should not be too far away, but idle in D is generally lower. I suggest you let someone sit on the driver seat ask him to step on the brakes and put the car in D. Open your hood and look for some air leaks. The tech might not have tightened or aligned the air hoses well, but in my experience the rpm would drop to 500 when an air leak is present. I opened my throttle body and did not retighten it well and my idle became rough, I found it immediately after a test drive and fixed it.

Reply to
Ed

Roll some paper towell or plastick bag and stuff it into rubber door seal at door top (to the place where the seal is folded). Sometimes ruber seal create gaps that is wind noise reason.

Reply to
bolo