2009 Camry versus Camry LE, What are the differences?

I see that in terms of options availability, there are several items not available on the base Camry that can be obtained on the LE as extra-cost options.

However the only difference I see in the base LE versus the base plain Camry is that the Grille Moldings are black on the plain Camry and body-colored on the LE.

The LE has a $1455 higher MSRP, and that's about the difference in street prices I've seen, with the non-LE going for just under $17K, and the LE going for about $18.4K.

Reply to
SMS

no key less entry. no keyless trunk release no panic button no power seat on base camry interior trim litte bit different on base camry

Reply to
Dave Walters

Okay, thanks. I was making the comparison at carsdirect.com, which had some errors. I see on the Toyota site that the base model has no RKE and no power driver's seat. The power seat I don't care about, and I can always add an after-market RKE and alarm (as I did on my current Camry LE which had no alarm or RKE as standard).

Reply to
SMS

The black grill sounds like a great idea: every rock chip on my white 99 Camry CE reveals the black undercoat.

Reply to
Sharx35

Yes, I prefer the black as well. Also, whenever you replace a body-colored part, it comes as black prime and you have to have it painted, and painting plastic so it doesn't crack and chip is something that most body shops aren't good at.

Reply to
SMS