2012 camery navigation system.

Is it hard drive based or DVD based. I understand that after 2010 they when to hard drvie based system so a user could get a DVD update and just plug it into The DVD player in the auto saystem. Is this correct?

--
Virus Database (VPS): 120313-1, 03/13/2012
 Click to see the full signature

the manual on our new 2012 Camry with Nav says to take it to the dealer for updates. I don't know what the charge is, but is likely to be between $50-100. I see no way of updating the nav yourself via the USB port. But I'm sure someone willhook up a laptop via USB and take a look at what might be possible. Likely, they have a software block to only allow MP3 players to connect.

Reply to
pj.chris