4 cylinder camry. is that motor interference or non interference ?

I now own a 99 cmry with v-6. my next toyota may be 4 cylinder. is that motor interference or non interference ?

Look up the catalog on Gates' site: www.gates.com/part_locator/index.cfm?go=part_locator&location_id598

The 99 3.0L V6 is a NON-interference engine. I'd recommend a Gates timing kit when you need to do the timing job. The kit's got two pulleys, the belt, and an instruction sheet.

The 2.4L uses a thin single-chain, so it really doesn't matter unless you want to change the chain. Don't know about this engine, but given that it generates only about 60 hp per liter it's probably not an interference engine.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Checked the Gates site again. Only the PDF catalog file lists interference or non-interference for various makes and models. The electronic one doesn't.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

I went to gates website and registered. went to pdf catalogs. checked for 2007. nothing. checked 2004 2.4 4 cylinder. no information about interference or non interference. suggestions?

The 2.4L uses a timing chain so it won't show up in a timing belt catalog. Only engines that use belts will and the catalog will tell you if it's interference engine or not, like your 99 V6 non-interference engine.

The 2AZ-FE engine produces only about 60 hp per liter, so I'll be surprised if it's an interference engine. Interference engines usually aren't wimpy. But you'll have to ask Toyota for sure.