86 Camry blows EFI fuse instantly

I have a chance to pickup a 86 Camry with 5 speed manual transmission and 4 cylinder engine. (Is the 2SE the only 4 cyl that came for that car). Cars in okay shape, and I can pick it up for under $200.

The car will not operate because it instantly blows the EFI fuse.

I'd like to have any suggestions or opinions on what to look into. My plan was to disconnect the fuel pump relay and the EFI relay and see if the fuse still blows. If it doesn't blow I know the problem is in one of those systems. If theirs still a problem, what other things can I check?

Also, the Transmission's 2nd gear synchro is on its way out. Would switching to a thicker viscosity tranny fluid help?

Reply to
Hyperi0n