86 camry -probably dumb question: can a fuel line be spliced?

Hi:

I have an 86 camry that I bought not too long ago. (My third one!) The previous owner replaced the fuel line, so its relatively new. (about 12-15 months old.)

However, I must have hit a rock, or something. There are 2 small holes in it, under the drivers door.

Do I need to replace the whole line, or is it possible to splice/repair the holes.

My mechanic says I need to replace the whole line.

Thanks.

Reply to
abc

Check price at your local auto parts shop, price maynot be too high. Also check salvage yard for the pipe.

You might be able to cut the bad section out and install a short hose. Not sure what the diameter is, might be able to use fuel Injector high-press hose. Patching is not the recommeded repair, but may work as a temp workaround. Won't be as durable as the piping.

Reply to
jjjsan

It's probably best to replace the whole line, but you could try cutting the line where the holes are and use a compression fitting to connect the cut ends.

Reply to
Hopkins

Thanks, jjjsan.

I'm going to try cutting out the bad section and connecting it with high pressure hose. abc

Reply to
abc

Hopkins,

Thanks for your response & time. I've decided to try cutting out just the bad section and replacing it with high pressure hose, with clamps at each end.

abc

Reply to
abc