87 Camry - Brake Lights do not work

Brake lights on my 87 Camry stopped working recently. First indication was the indicator lights came up on my instrument panel.

To repair this problem, I have

1) checked brake light bulbs. Both filaments look fine, one works when I switch lights on, the other (for brakes) do not. 2) replaced the bulbs but did not help. 3) checked all the fuses (in the engine compartment, driver side kick panel and passenger side kick panel) and all of them look fine.

I've run out of ideas, please help ?

The fact that one filament in the bulb works but the other filament for the brakes do not, makes me think the fuses must be fine.

Thanks a lot for your help.

-- Techtrainer

Reply to
techtrainer

Check the brake light switch!

Reply to
Albanygun

An oxidized-contact point? Try cleaning all contact points (bulb and socket) with something like WD-40.

Reply to
Iona Camry