87 CAMRY TAILLIGHTS OUT! HELP ME PLEASE - need wiring diagram!

My 87 toyota camry just lost its tail lights. the brake lights work. the light for the license plate is also working. on the side of the car is a small red light....it works on the right but not the left. There is also a small light inside the front doors...working on the right also but not the left!!! I checked all the fuses with a test light...circut tester , all good. I checked all those wires that come up on the left side of the trunk....heard those can get really messed up...none were broken or craked...but they were severly bend so i tested a couple of them with the tester...and they were not getting any electricity as far as i can tell. I really dont know anything about this..i just bought the circut tester and am reading alot...but im no mechanic! if anyone knows about this problem or has had it before....please tell me what i can do!!! I got pulled over and recieved a fix it ticket....thats how i found out about this problem....and now i have to fix this fast so i can turn in the ticket without a big fine! Is there are way to run a new wire back to the tail lights ? i need a wireing diagram if anyone has one !!!! okay thanks! JNS

Reply to
jennyneutronstar

Did you check the light bulbs?

Reply to
tomcas

For the side marker lights, change the bulbs. For the trunk hinge wiring you'll need to carefully cut out the bad sections and solder in new wire. I found coiling the new wire around a screwdriver first gave them extra flexibility to last longer (like a coiled telephone cord)

Reply to
Daniel

Sometimes a wire will be broken inside the insulation and it doesn't look like it's broken. If you pull gently on the wire on one side of where it was bent severely while holding it a distance away on the other side of the bend the insulation will stretch as there is no connection inside to hold it in place. Try this on each wire to see if that's the case. davidj92

Reply to
davidj92

Autozone has free repair guide. Check:

Check the diagram section: Fig. 15: 1986-96 Chassis Schematics

These repair guides are great. Of course, you can get Alldata charts now Alldata has become an Autozone company.

Reply to
johngdole

Good link, thanks.

Reply to