'88 Camry Fuel Line

I am repairing rusted fuel lines (feed and return) on an '88 camry with a

3S-FE engine and would like to by the line before I start to mess with the rust. My problem is that I cannot get to the line with a caliper to measure it without disturbing it.. Would anyone know the size of the line? There are also rusted brake lines close to the line to be repaired, What would the size of the brake lines be? I am going to be cobbling sections into the lines hoping that I do not have to replace the whole line.
Reply to
Don Shepherd

It should be about 3/8 inch. The best thing to do is remove the rusted areas, and if you can, keep as much of the original line as possible. Make sure you use high pressure fuel line, and slip the 'patches' over whatever metal remains.

I *didn't* do thid, and wound up replacing six sections for a total of about a foot. If I could do it again, I would take out the worst section and slip the line over the rest.

Buy some extra; you may find you have more than one leak that may appear when you patch the big one!

Reply to
Hachiroku