89 Camry pwr window controls

The right rear passenger power window of my 89 Camry recently failed in the down position. Both the master switch and the door switch both failed to work. I bought the car the an auto glass repair shop I've used in the past. The tech disconnected the Molex plug at the window motor and connected a 12volt supply to the connector and the door switch worked and brought the window up. The master switch still did not function. The tech said the master switch was bad and suggested to get a new switch. Toyota wanted $268.00 for the switch (not a returnable part) and the parts tech said that the problem is most commonly a broken wire somewhere along the path. Testing the switch and it's continuity is fairly easy as per the repair manual diagram. What may be the difficult part is finding the break or bad connection in the wiring. My question for the group is: Does anyone have any experience with this problem or has some knowledge as to where a most likely location of a wiring break would be in this situation ? Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me.

Reply to
Philip Stein

The most likley place for broken wires is where they go thru the drivers door to the body. That would be the first place to check

Reply to
sqdancerLynn