90 4 cil thermostat

I just replaced my thermostat and ran it with the heat on till I believe the air has been removed and have driven it and rechecked it, level looks good. But the manual says to loosen the air bleed screw till all bubles are removed, I skipped this procedure. Is it necessary to do now, I have driven it several days it is ok, or is air trapped somewhere inside. Also I recomend anyone buy a factory thermostat, 2 aftermarket failed in 5 yrs and the last one the gasket was way to narrow, it leaked and needed alot of silicone to make it seal. I find so many aftermarket parts junk.

Reply to
m Ransley

If there was an airpocket, the turbulance, pressure and heat created in the cooling system when going for a drive should eventually eliminate any pockets,.....that has been the backyard-mechy attitude.

I used to prefer a slight drop in level after the 'drive', as it indicated all pockets had dissipated.

Measuring how much coolant goes in (assuming all the coolant drained out) is another way.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James