90 winshield washer

My winshield washer just quit, no buzzing or sound as when it has no fluid. Wipers still work so I was wondering if it could be the fuse or likely the pump.

Reply to
m Ransley

It could be a fuse, a broken wire, the switch, or the pump. You won't know until you troubleshoot it. Same thing happened to me recently, after troubleshooting it was determined that it was the pump.

About $35 for a new pump and $32 to install it (all at the Toyota dealer), and all was fine.

If you have power going to the wire that operates the pump when you activate the washer, then it must be the pump. If no power at the pump, then you have to trace backwards to find the fault.

Merritt

Reply to
Merritt Mullen