91 camry 4 cyl fuel filter question

I am having a terrible time trying to remove the bottom connexion from the fuel filter. I replaced it a few years ago but it needs replacing again. Is it possible that this connexion is a left hand thread? Thank you, Seamus J. Wilson

Reply to
Seamus J. Wilson

========== I purchased an SK "crow foot" wrench specifically for this purpose (17mm I think) from ToolSource.com. Also used Kroil aerosol and let it soak overnight. I had heard so many reports of difficulty removing that flare nut and stories of people subsequently damaging and replacing the entire run of sold fuel line. That fastener came off so easily it was almost a disappointment. The crow foot wrench is used with a 3/8" drive ratchet handle or extension. The design of the wrench is such that it will not flex like a standard flare nut wrench because there is more metal around the opening. I read about this on another group as a mechanic's solution for removing Toyota fuel filters and it worked well for me. By the way, I also purchased a complete set of crow foot wrenches from JC Whitney for around the same price as the single SK wrench, but the quality of the JC Whitney Chinese sourced wrenches were so less well finished - openings not stamped exactly in the center, edges sharp, that I never used them. Not to say they won't work, I just enjoy using quality tools figuring you only buy them once and the cost of a ruined fuel line would probably by higher. BTW the lower flare nut fitting is a standard thread.

Reply to
Daniel