91 CAMRY 7.5 FUSE PROBLEM WITH REAR DEFROST/AC/BLOWER

Hi, Can anyone help? We were driving and the fan blower for the heater/AC went out. We then noticed the reaer defrost was out as well.

Someone helped us on the road, and we found it was none of the fuses under the hood, but one of the 7.5 fuses in the box under the driver side dash.

We figured we blew a fuse overloading because in our 91 Camry, we have to run the AC sometimes to defrost the window, even when it?s cold (we will turn the heat element up because something about the AC is the only way to clear the window).

Once we replaced this fuse (in the top left side of the fusebox) (I don?t have the owner?s manual to show me what all the fuses do) everthing worked. We started the car, still worked, but as soon as we put the car in gear, it blew. I even pressed on the brakes before putting the car in gear, in case the added brake lights would make it blow, but it didn?t blow until we put it in gear.

The guy that helped us said it might be the swith (AC? switch?) I forgot.

Thank you to anyone who may be able to help. Gil

Reply to
GIL

Each fuse location in the box has a name, can you post back with the name of the fuse that is blowing.

Reply to
toyomoho