91 camry clutch replacement

I am in the process of replacing the clutch on my 91 camry. I had a very hard time getting the transmission to part with the engine(come- along and prybar) now I am having a reall hard time putting it back on. When it is about 3 inches from being flush with the engine it decides it is not going any further. And the top seems to want to go in but the bottom does not. I am wondering if anyone has any problems like this. Every try is worsening the condition of my threads.

Reply to
phillipscraig

== You need to post this question on the Yahoo, Toyotas Only group. You'll need to join first, but no charge. Populated by a group of mechanics who will have experience with your problem. Most Camrys were automatic, so less common. Clearly something is binding. You need to find the source and correct it before proceeding. Possibly a locating pin, but that's a complete guess.

Reply to
Daniel