91 Camry ignition switch light problem

All winter I have had to boost my car almost every day, or evening after work. I have finally found that what seems to happen is the ignition switch light stays on after I remove the key and close the doors. I would like to find out how to disconnect this light. I'm not mechanically inclined an don't want to start taking apart the steering column blindly. I have temporarily removed the Dome fuse from the fusebox to stop the drainage, but that is not really a solution. The car has 335,000 km is riddled with rust and I just use it to travel 10km/day or so and don't want to get rid of it for now as I can't afford anything else. It's served me well over the last 13 years or so.

Reply to
Jo Herring