91 camry stalling

I have 91 camry (2.0L, 4 cylinder, 190000km). It was running very well until one month ago. One day it was stalling once at red traffic light. I could restarted and drive. Suddenly another day, I could start it but it will stall when I shift speed to RETURN or DRIVE. It was checked at Canadian Tire and they could not find where the problem is. They said they changed fuel filter and checked the air mass meter, costing $110. It didn't fix anything and it becomes worse and worse. Now I have difficult to start. I moved a good bettery on it from my another car. it could be started but it stalled after 1 minutes. If I press gas hardly, it can run with strange noise (like something bombing in muffuller).

I tried a new coolant temperture sensor and it didn't solve the problem. I also noticed the charged battery became 0 voltage after 24 hours. I played with a multimeter and found by occasion the resistance between engine body and the possitive end of battery line is almost zero (the negative was diconnected already). Not sure if this courses the stalling problems. I changed the engine oil and filter (filter is one year old) and will try again. Any boday can give some advises, please. Thank you in advance.

Ron

Reply to
News