92 camry 4 cyl AC & Radiator Fans

I=B4d appreciate very much to any one who could answer the following 3 questions related to my camry AC system:

1=2E Are the AC & Radiator Fans continuosly working when AC is on? 2. Does the AC Fan cycle? 3. Is the radiator fan working at a lower speed when AC is on?
Reply to
eapq27

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

1=2E No 2=2E Yes 3=2E No At least that is my experience with the same engine. Have heard others say the a/c fan in on continuously, but I only see the fans come on after prolonged idling on a hot day, then they go off quickly. This is my first FWD car, and is kind of amazing to me how infrequently those fans are used considering with RWD the fan is always turning. (though a viscous coupling can slow it somewhat) Also the first aluminum radiator, and the first time I've bothered to use distilled water.
Reply to
Daniel

Some years of Camry appear to have a low speed fan setting. The A/C fan should cycle with the A/C compressor clutch. For a better explanation go to the link below and find the service manual for this year car. There should be a detailed explanation of how the cooling and A/C fans work.

toyomoho