92 camry problem

This past summer my camry has begun to over rev at stop lights and while slowing down for a stop.You can see by the tac as it bounces up and down. I have tried spraying wd40 on the linkage a few times,thinking it may be sticking. The over rev seems to come after I use the AC.Putting the car in N and pumping the pedal a few times seems to stop it but only until the car comes to a stop again. The car is using more gas than it ever did before to.

All in all a great car though,over 330k with 170k on the engine.Heater hose broke on the prev owner who drove it till it seized ,toyota replaced it.

model 92 le v6 any help thanks

Reply to
bushdoctor48

try a short spray of TriFlow at the rectangular hole (air inlet to IAC valve) at the (inside) bottom of the throttle body. the idle air control valve regulates idle speed (controlled by the computer) if that valve were sticking could account for idle speed not responding correctly

Reply to
Daniel

try a short spray of TriFlow at the rectangular hole (air inlet to IAC valve) at the (inside) bottom of the throttle body. the idle air control valve regulates idle speed (controlled by the computer) if that valve were sticking could account for idle speed not responding correctly TPS (throttle position sensor) could be questionable also. (tells the ECU computer when throttle is closed at idle) check for smooth progressively increasing resistance with ohm meter there is also a setting measured across the IDL contacts at the TPS while holding thin thickness guage in position to calibrate the point at which idle engages. these setting are in the factory service manual under the heading of throttle body removal

Reply to
Daniel

I had a similar problem on a 93 pickup that I traced to a vacuum leak (dirt in the power steering vacuum valve). 22RE engine. I have no idea what your engine is. Sometimes this happens when the brake booster leaks (vacuum) -- you'll know if it is happening when you hold the pedal down at a stop, then goes away when you release the pedal -- but be sure to leak check the boster, 'cause mine did it and the booster wasn't at fault, it just put more strain on the vacuum system..

Reply to
James Andrus