’92 Camry....turn key, get nothing....!

My husband just purchased a brand new battery and some fuse thingy that attaches to the battery about a month ago. I went to start the car yesterday morning, turned the key and got nothing! When I turned the ignition switch off to get out of the car, it was making a clicking sound! Weird, huh? I checked under the hood to see if I could hear it from there, which I could, but couldn?t figure out what was causing it. Anyone have any ideas? Lights don?t come on, but when the door is opened the ignition bell rings. Go figure!

--
Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Camry-92-turn-key-ftopict99608.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd).  Report abuse:

"Thingy"s are not allowed on Toyota vehicles. :-)

I would suspect a loose or corroded battery cable post and/or terminal. Remove, clean and re-attach both battery cables and check the connections on that "thingy" he changed. HTH, davidj92

Reply to
davidj92

Either a bad battery connection, or the battery is discharged. Battery discharge could be caused by a bad alternator.

Reply to
Mark A