92 camry v6 problem replacing rear brake pads - any help?

Hi - I can take the old pads off, put the new pads on, everything seems fine, I compress the caliper and it slides over the pads, but the bolt housing won't slide back where it's supposed to. It's like the outside brake pads too thick - I had to put the old pad back on, and then it fit fine. Did they sell me the wrong pads, or is there a trick way to get that bolt housing to fit?

Reply to
not