92 camry will not start

I have a 92 camry 4 cyl. It died on me while i was driving and now it will not start. The engine turns but will not start. I was told that i was not getting fuel to my engine or that i was not getting a spark. My fuel pump works fine, i put on a new fuel filter and i just changed my spark plugs. what i need to know is how do i tell if my fuel injectors are workin properly, i don't want to buy new injectors if i dont really need them. PLEASE HELP ME, I'M GOING MADDD!!!!!

Reply to
madman467

Sounds like timing belt to me. The engine will turn over but nothing happens.

Reply to
Shydog

I would rather guess it's the coil...

Luc K

Reply to
Luc Kumps

You need to eliminate certain problems. It's hard to diagnose your car without proper history. You didn't even mention the miles, the condition of your wires and distributor cap, or your distributor rotor. Remember you need both fuel and spark.

1) Check your spark plug wires, distributor cap, and rotor. Make sure you don't have oil in your distributor. 2) Check your timing belt. You can just remove the top cover to ensure it's still there and not rotten. 3) Use a fuel pressure checker to ensure you have sufficient pressure.

4) Make sure you have spark. I use a timing light while trying to crank it to ensure it is getting spark. Some use more crude methods like pulling out one wire and try arching it with the engine block.

Good luck.

Reply to
Viperkiller

I have the same exact problem with my camry wagon. Did you ever figure it out exactly what the problem was?

Reply to
clfrsr

Is it rainy when it won't start?

My '89 has the ignition coil inside te destributor, and when there was high humidity, the car would just sit and turn, but not start.

I replaced the coil for about 20 bucks and it starts fine now.

Jas> I have a 92 camry 4 cyl. It died on me while i was driving and now it will

Reply to
Jason