'92 camry wont start!!!

my car ALWAYS started until 3 days ago,i got it in nov 05,i replaced things that didn't even need to be so far it had a tune up less than 6 months ago, new battery, new radiator, new front struts new brakes all around,when the tune up was done the parts were all new, new timing belt and water pump, rides like a champ (when she starts) The only time she ever stalled before was in the winter b4 i replaced the battery. I had a mechanic look at her this morning he confirmed there is power, the fuel pump works, there is a spark just in case he replaced the spark plugs, wires, and distributor cap today, he fed it fuel through a tube and still nothing, I took it from park to neutral tried it nothing, put it back in park tried it nothing. She sounds normal she cranks but does not go vrooom...............help please

Reply to
cris l via CarKB.com

check timing, maybe timing belt slipped a tooth. was rotor changed also? if timing is good, might be fuel delivery problem, have fuel pump pressure checked.

Reply to
jjjsan

ok i timing was checked yesterday is fine, fuel filter was checked yesterday also fine, today fuel pump was changed still nothing...

Reply to
cris l via CarKB.com

check the ignition coil - could be an intermittent fault, or only when hot. test resistance while tapping gently, and heating with heat gun

Reply to
Daniel

well right before i read this that is what i changed the ignition coil thank you for the help.

Reply to
cris l via CarKB.com

What OBD code was stored? What did the diagnostic reveal when you checked the IAC valve? Does she start and run on 'starting fluid' sprayed into the intake? Does your timing light blink on all cylinders? What do the spark plugs look like when you pull them out?

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

You mention "timing was checked..." There are two timing issues. Valve timing -- controlled by the timing belt, and igintion timing controlled by the positon of the distributor. Both must be correct though if the timing belt were off a notch or 2 I suspect the car would run but not properly. A long shot: Unplug the mass airflow sensor (I think part of the aircleaner assembly) and see if it will start. Your problem is puzzling.

Reply to
jimhigh66