93 camry 2.2 weird engine problem

I have a 93 camry 2.2l auto with about 140k on the motor. I just put a new/used motor/trans in it about 3 months ago... i drive down the road, let up on the pedal and it wants to stall and rough idles bad, ill rev it up and it goes away, temp gauge reads normal untill it does this and i rev it up and the temp gauge goes to H for a second. ... i took the thermostat out of it and put a blank in it so it wouldnt heat up. but its time to fix it now... i put a brand new waterpump, belt, stainless thermostat, and im not getting any diagnostics code... Im out of ideas and im not exactly a amature when it comes to cars...

Reply to
Honda2nr

If the rough idle is occuring with the temp gauge going to high temporarily, then your ECTS (temp sensor) sensor must either be bad or you have a loose connection/broken wire for it. Probably a loose connection.

davemc

Reply to
davemac

actually another possibility is that you have an air pocket in your cooling system due to insufficient fluid and or improper filling.

davemc

Reply to
davemac

I actually just replaced both temp sensors and the connections are both good... im not sure about the coolant deal... since there is no relief valve on the coolant system its almost impossible to get the air out besided the radiator cap...?

Reply to
Honda2nr

Do you have two caps, one on the rad and one near the coolant outlet on the engine? If so remove the one on the engine (you will have to break the plastic cap off) and have the front of the card elevated on jack stands or parked on a steep hill. Fill the cooling system this way and you should be guaranteed of no air pockets. If the tmep gauge goes up briefly and then back to normal, I'm assuming this happens rather quickly such that it would not be the coolant changing temp that fast and therefore it is possibly an air pocket(s) in the coolant? How fast does it change?

davemc

Reply to
davemac

It changes rapidly, But only when i rev it up, and there are only one cap for this coolant system

Mike

Reply to
Honda2nr