93 Camry 4-cyl to v6 conversion?

I?d like to do a conversion from a 4-cyl to a v6, but first I?d like to know if anyone has tried this before. If not, then how hard will it be to do and how much will it cost? I was considering just putting a chevy small block in there, but then i decided that would take to much time, effort, and money. Any suggestions on where to get a v6 that will fit under the hood without much work?

-schultzi-

Reply to
schultzi

Much cheaper and easier to sell the 4 and buy the 6. For a '93, some very good values are available. Some issues: Springs/ struts transaxle engine computer/ sensors

Here's an interesting somewhat unrelated article to give you an idea describing switching from automatic to manual transmission:

Daniel

"nospampls20021" wrote: > Much cheaper and easier to sell the 4 and buy the 6. For a > '93, some > very good values are available. > Some issues: > Springs/ struts > transaxle > engine computer/ sensors > > Here's an interesting somewhat unrelated article to give you > an idea > describing switching from automatic to manual transmission: > >

Well, had I not already put $2k in the car after I bought it for a new radiator, new brake master cylinder, new battery, and new alternator, I would definitely consider selling the car and buying myself some other car with more power, perhaps a truck. Seeing as it seems that it will be time consuming and much too difficult to accomplish for myself alone, I may as well just find a super/turbocharger and new exhaust for the I-4 that?s in there now. Any suggestions on where i can find a turbocharger that would work with the I-4? I haven?t been able to find one from TRDusa.com, a local Toyota dealer, or any other dealer on the internet...

Reply to
schultzi