93 Camry Foggy Headlights

I have a 93 V6LE Camry and have noticed that in the last few years, the plastic headlight lens' are getting very dull. Last week I went to my local Toyota dealer and was ready to purchase new headlight lens to replace the dull ones. The parts guy pointed me to a Permatex product, "Headlight Lens Restoration Kit". It cost $16.19. It consists of sandpaper with grit values of 1000, 1500, 2000, and 2500. A soft cloth, a bottle of a liquid polish and a pair of rubber gloves. If the lens has deep scratches then start with the

1000 grit paper (you wet the paper first). I started with 1500. You go through each grit size and end with 2500, the finest grit. Then use the liquid polish on the cloth and rub. The whole process takes only 10 minutes or so. The lens is no longer yellow and clear again. This works very well. Good luck. pestocat
Reply to
pestocat

Thanks for the hint. I will give it a try.

Merritt

Reply to
Merritt Mullen

Now to realy clean the inside remove the assembly pour in a cup or so of denatured alcohol and shake it around a few minutes. You will be suprised on the light output difference.

Reply to
m Ransley

Wow, a Toyota dealer who directed you to a do-it-yourself kit, instead of charging you $200 to do the job!

What is this world coming to...?

Reply to
onehappymadman

But the kit only cost the dealer 2$