93 Camry: How to make cig lighter power on ALL the time? Even with key out.

Hi,

I want my cigarette lighter to have power all the time. I want to leave a GPS plugged in to the car. I don't think the current draw will be significant.

Does anyone know the best or easiest way to do this?

Thanks, John

Reply to
John

At most auto parts stores they sell auxillary cig. lighters. I would wire one of those in directly to the battery, with an on/off switch mounted in the dash. You could just wire a new hot wire to your current cig ligther, but I would really reccomdend putting in a manual on/off switch.

Be sure if you do re-wire your current cig lighter, be sure you cut off current to the wire by either carefully and permanently capping it, or pulling the fuse, assuming you have a fuse for just the cig lighter, howerver I think the fuse controls other things too.

Hope this helps

Carl

Reply to
Carl Saiyed