93 CAMRY RHS driveshaft removal *&^%$#)+@@#@

I have just spent over an hour and a half trying un-successfully to remove the RHS drive shaft. I have followed the advice tendered on this group to my previous post regarding the LHS shaft (which worked perfectly...thanks to all who replied, especially Daniel).

I am not sure if the centre bearing is the problem or if the circlip on the end of the shaft inside the diff is the problem.

First question:- Is there a clip on the RHS shaft like on the LHS ?

Second question:- How can I tell if the bearing is seized into the carrier?

Third question:- Is there a circlip or something holding the Intermediate shaft into the centre bearing? ( I have removed the lock bolt and rubber plug from the carrier)

It APPEARS that it is not the bearing as there is about 1 mm of movement in & out on the intermediate shaft, and the bearing cover that rotates with the shaft is moving 1mm or so with the shaft.

Thanks in advance, Phill.

Reply to
Phill

The RH axle has a clip, just like the LH axle.

There is an external snap ring. Remove bolt and this snap ring, the bearing should come out provided it is not frozen in place.

For more detail, look up the specific info required from the link below:

toyomoho

Thanks Toyomoho.... I could not see the clip holding the bearing...I was looking on the wrong side :-) I took it off and the axle almost fell out. There is NO CIRCLIP on the end of the intermediate shaft inside the diff. I thought it may have come off inside the diff, but on inspection of the end of the shaft, there is no recess for one to go on.

Thanks again.

Phill.

Reply to
Phill