93 Camry with a knock

I took my 93 4cyl. camry in today for a knocking noise that is getting louder as I drive it. the stealer ship said its the #2 rod going out and wants $3500 for a used engine....any suggestions?

Reply to
Wayne

don't do it. for $5000 you can buy a good used car newer than the one you have. probably you could get something for the old one, too.

Reply to
Al

I agree, your car isn't worth 3500 in todays' market, dont' put so much money into it. Drive it til it dies or have a small engine shop do a patch up fix on it.

Reply to
AV

lucasoil.com

Reply to