The following three old posts should help. You'll need a similar part from the dealer ($106) or online ($30).

From: pws Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 05:15:53 GMT Local: Wed, Oct 11 2006 9:15 pm Subject: Re: '94 Camry - Another Broken Door handle Questi> Check AutoZone's free online repair guide on how to remove the door

I finally got around to replacing the door handle. The most difficult part by far was removing the door panel. Toyota really wants it to stay on there. :-)

It is a little tight to work in there once you have the panel off, but not bad. I definitely preferred to give up about 1.5 hours of my time rather than give the dealership $138.00.

Thanks again,

Pat

From: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com Date: 9 Nov 2006 20:25:14 -0800 Local: Thurs, Nov 9 2006 8:25 pm Subject: Re: '94 Camry - Another Broken Door handle Question

I just bought a handle from the dealer for 106.00 out the door. I looked online and found what appears to be the same item for 30.00. I bought the one from the dealer because I wanted 100% fit, but now I have second thoughts...

I went to the autozone website mentioned and got a good diagram. Hopefully I will have as much success as pws had, only it might take me about 8 hours...

Thanks to all for your suggestions.

Does anyone want a broken 1994 camry outside drivers side door handle?

WDV

From: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com Date: 15 Nov 2006 09:38:29 -0800 Local: Wed, Nov 15 2006 9:38 am Subject: Re: '94 Camry - Another Broken Door handle Question

It took me about 1.5 hours to replace the handle. I purchased the Haynes manual that negleted to mention there is a door panel screw behind a lamp assembly in the door panel.

I used 3/8 drive ratchet with an extension and flexible/adjustable connection. 1/4 drive with extension would make the job much easier.

Reply to
johngdole

========= Obviously too late now, but seeing these broken exterior handle postings, I use the outside door handle to unlatch only , then pull from the steel door edge. Seems to have worked fine so far.

Reply to
Daniel

Thanks for the info! As soon as it gets warm I'll give it a try.

Marc

Marc

Let us know how it turns out. WDV found the part for $30 and used 1.5 hour to change it.

Marc wrote:

johngdole

Reply to
johngdole