'94 Camey 4 cylinder - interference or non-interference?

My parent's '94 Camry with the 4 cylinder snapped the timimg belt today.

Is this an interference engine? It is at the shop now but I may go ahead replace the belt and water pump myself if no damage has been done to the head.

Thanks!

Pat

Reply to
pws

Non-interference

=============

pws wrote:

Reply to
Justa Lurker

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

followup question

are 2007 4 cylinder camrys interference or noninterference ?

Reply to
wp51

The 2AZ-FE 4 cyl Camry engine since 2002 uses a timing chain and are probably interference. With VVT-i they may change states depending on the variable timing at any moment.

Slim

Reply to
Slim Pickings