94 Camry 4 cylinder O/D off blinks

Hi, I have 1994 4 cylinder Toyota camry and in the past week, the O/D off light has been blinking twice. When this happens, the speedometer behaves erratically as well, stays at 0 and then immediately jumps up before going back to zero and repeating this. Also, the engine rpm suddenly jumps as well going from 2000 to 4000 without me stepping on the gas. Does anybody know the reason for this? Thanks Sid

Reply to
Sid_Sharma

Check the speed sensor on the upper portion of the outside of the transmission. Try cleaning and reattaching the wire connector. Check the linkage for binding. But with the erratic speedometer, I'd suspect the speed sensor first.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus