94 Camry LE Wagon :Owners' Manual & Scheduled Maintenance Booklets ?

I've inherited a 94 Camry Wagon LE (3.0 litre V6) but unfortunately there was no Owners' Manual or Scheduled Maintenance booklets with the car.

I've never owned a Toyota before so I don't know even the basics, like where the fuse panel is located or how to fold down the backrest of the rear seat on the passenger side.

I have checked Ebay but no one seems to be offering these items for sale and I've also checked the local auto recycling places without any luck.

So, here's my plea:

Is there a kind soul out there in alt.Camryland who would be willing to scan or photocopy their booklets for me (in exchange for some dineros of course)? Or possibly even sell me their booklets ?

Also, if there are any owners of this model who would care to share their opinions of this vehicle, I'd be happy to see them. (ie "The vehicle is a Real Dog. Get rid of it as fast as you can." or "That vehicle is the best thing since the invention of 3-ply toilet paper. Sell your wife and kids before even thinking about selling that wagon."

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Eunoia Eigensinn

I had a 94 Camry 2.2 LE sedan and it was the best vehicle I've ever had. It developed a few nagging problems but nothing that kept it from running. I now own a 97 Camry 2.2 LE and although it is a good car, the quality and workmanship of the cabin area is inferior to the 94.

You may be able to find an owner's manual in dealers' parts area from vehicles that have been traded in. Otherwise try local junk yards. You may consider having it looked at carefully by a mechanic to let you know of any problems so you won't be surprised later.

Reply to
badgolferman

Here's a 1994 Toyota Camry owner's manual with 3 days remaining to bid. Search "camry manual" to broaden your search:

---------(same link -- shortened)Also pick up a copy of the Haynes repair manual -- will show you basicmaintenance and service procedures plus photos. These are widelyavailable and reasonably priced.If you get into doing more in depth work on the car the factory servicemanuals are useful, but you could pick those up later (they cost more).---------- Before purchasing, everyone I talked to who had the '94 Camry loved them. I lavish care on mine, keeping it in like new condition and expect it to last forever. Since it is paid in full, and runs perfectly, I actually prefer it to a new car - also since I've learned all the service procedures and acquired the necessary tools. If you have other specific questions, post again. Enjoy.

Reply to
Daniel

Thanks Dan and BadGolferMan. The Ebay vendor states in the listing that he ships only to the USA. I'm in Canada.

I've just checked the Toyota website and it appears that I can order a new copy of the manual for about $15.

In the meantime, if anyone can tell me how to put down the seatback of the rear passenger-side seat, I'd be beholden. The one on the driver's sider had a button latch on the top that I was able to find but there is no matching button on the other seatback. Most peculiar.

I'm still undecided as to whether or not I like this car as much as those who claim they "love" them. (I've always owned (and still do) Volvos.)

On my first drive, I thought that it drove like an American boat (Chevy, Ford,Chrysler etc.) and found the seats to be not very comfortable. And tinny sounding, like there's only thin sheet metal between me and the outside with not much soundproofing in between. But then again, I was probably just looking for faults. Perhaps in time, when it has proven itself, I will grow to become a fan.

Daniel wrote:

or:

Reply to
Eunoia Eigensinn

I am unfamiliar with the wagon. Perhaps there is a latch between the seatbacks akin to a double-door of a building.

Reply to
badgolferman

you might to look at

It's a great site and is based in Canada

Reply to
///Owen\\\