'94 Camry Trunk

Last nite i parked my car outside, outside for about 14 hrs, and it got down to about 5 degrees. When i went this morning to try and open the trunk the key turned, with force, but the trunk did not pop. I then tried to pop the trunk from the lever by the driver's seat but when i pulled it acted as if the trunk was already open. So my trunk has yet to open even though the key hole in the back remains horizontal, in the open position. Any ideas would be great. Thank you!

Reply to
WisWinters

Ice on the weatherstripping causing the trunk to stick closed? Try parking the car in the sun, or (carefully) use a hair dryer to warm up the edges of the trunk where the weatherstrip is.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

thanks for the suggestion, it has warmed up since last nite tho and so all the ice has come off. it does even move at all when i try to force it up tho, so mayb a latch is stuck?

Reply to
WisWinters

thanks for the suggestion, it has warmed up since last nite tho and so all the ice has come off. it does even move at all when i try to force it up tho, so mayb a latch is stuck?

Reply to
WisWinters

Could be...I had this happen to my Camry once and jiggling the lock (closing it with the key, then opening it rapidly) several times sprung it loose.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

Happens to me all the time I just pull hard

Reply to
m Ransley

The simple jiggling worked. Thank you! I feel slightly car-illiterate now but thanks for letting me in on that idea.

Reply to
WisWinters