94 V6 Camry vibrates

My 94 V6 camry just started vibrating and I need to press hard on the pedal before it accelerates well. Before now, acceleration has been smooth. When am driving and the speedometer reads less than 60 km, and I try to accelerates, the red light power light comes on and once its start accelerating, it goes on the green.Could somebody help me diganose the problem pls?

Reply to
xfactorx

When was the timing belt last changed? Last tune up? Are you losing coolant? (Not sure about the power light)

xfactorx wrote:

Reply to
johngdole

Whens the last time you did any maintenance for it, like a tune up, I bet never.

Reply to
m Ransley

Please what do u mean by "Tune up"? I take the car to the mechanic for general servicing i.e. ( oil drain, change of oil filter etc.) and thats about it. Is that tune up?

What do I need to do a tune up?

Thanks.

Reply to
xfactorx

Reply to
xfactorx

A Tune up easily gives me 3 mpg better, Plugs, wires, cap, rotor, set timing, [ the belt stretches, reducing timing, reducing milage-power] Check o2 sensor, clean throttle body. Gees motors have parts that wear. Put it on a scope it could even be something serious or just a bad wire. It amazes me people dont consider tune ups as maintenance.

Reply to
m Ransley

Thanks Ransley,

Here ( Lagos, Nigeria), Its almost impossible to find a mechanic that can read technical manuals or one that has a scope. Most mechs here just learn the trade at the expense of going to school because of lack of money to go to school. So most of them can't read.

The sh> A Tune up easily gives me 3 mpg better, Plugs, wires, cap, rotor, set

Reply to
xfactorx

In that case, check out

for more information.

A tune up basically is changing out the spark plugs. (I think it's recommended every 30,000 or 60,000 miles, I forget which. :)

Also recommended to change are the distributor cap, spark plug wires (which go from the spark plugs to the distributor cap), distributor rotor (I'm pretty sure this is the part that spins, distributing the high voltage to each spark plug as needed - I've never changed this myself, yet)

Good luck...

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

You might want to go here....

the manual for your car and read it. It is written fairlysimply for a technical manual and I think most people are able tounderstand quite a bit. It will be a big help in identifying variousparts as the drawings are comprehensive.FWIW YMMV

Reply to
NickySantoro

You might just benefit from plugs, Check the timing, once mine was retarded 3 degrees and I was loosing 3-4 mpg.

Reply to
m Ransley