95 Camry 4 cyclinder -- steering problem

My Camry tries to wander off to the right. Just a little but I have to keep continuous force on the steering wheel to keep it going straight. My tire place did a 4-wheel alignment but it didn't help.

Is there a "zero set" for the power steering box?

Reply to
Stubby

I don't think you're dealing with a power steering problem here. Assuming that the alignment was done properly the next step would be to cross-rotate the tires and see if the condition changes.

Reply to
qslim

A bad tire , broken belt did that on mine.

Reply to
m Ransley

I'll bet you're right. I seem to remember hitting a chuck hole fairly hard and the front tires are getting a bit old. It's time to buy 2 new ones for the front.

m Ransley wrote:

Reply to
Stubby

I ruined a Michelin at 35000, the broken belt could not be seen by the tire guy with the tire off, but it pulled hard to the right for years , when it jumped around corners I went in, had I known I would of done it earlier. You can rotate to confirm it.

Reply to
m Ransley

Yep. That was it. Luckily my tire place doesn't charge for rotating (or patching, etc). The pull moved from the right to the left after rotating. So it looks like I get to buy a pair of new tires. Thanks for your advice.

Reply to
Stubby