95 Camry door switch replacement

I have a 95 Camry. Recently the driver's side door switch started working intermittently. The dome light won't come on and the headlights won't shut off when I open the door.

The dome light comes on intermittently if I wiggle on the switch which is behind a rubber cover. I removed the bolt from the switch and cleaned the ground connection. Still no go. I then removed the rubber cover and remounted the switch. It still is intermittent.

I was going to swap a good switch from one of the rear doors over to the driver side but I can't figure out how to remove the wire from the switch without breaking it. It looks like it is a right angle quick connect type connector and I tried pulling it straight up but it won't budge. It looks like the terminal might have a locking tab on it. I tried putting a small screwdriver blade in the small rectangular hole in the side of the switch and pulled up on the terminal but it still won't budge.

Does anyone know how to remove this wire without destroying it?

Thanks, Howard

Reply to
Howard

============ Did you try spraying with WD-40? Worked for me.

Reply to
Daniel

I removed the screw and sprayed it and the screw-hole with WD-40 as Daniel suggested. After two days, it hasn't failed once!

Thanks Daniel, Howard

news: snipped-for-privacy@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Reply to
Howard