95 camry door wont open

the drivers side door wont open even though the door is unlocked. i cant take the door panel off to fix the problem cause the door wont open for me to take off the side and bottom screws for the door panel. when unlocking the door i hear the latch for the lock disengaging so i know that its unlocked. and the door handle on the inside and outside have to pressure on them when trying to open the door, so i think that the cable is broken. how can i fix this?

Reply to
mtscorp

I had to do this once before, but it took a lot of patience, a professional slim jim and pick-rod set, and a factory manual showing the specific layout of the latching system. If anyone else has ideas, I'd love to hear.

and the door handle on the inside and outside have to pressure on them when trying to open the door

You are saying that the handles have tension, correct? So it's not as though one of the handle control rods may have slipped? Possibly the control rod from the lock cylinder has come loose?

Reply to
qslim

Toyotas are so simple, so why did some idiot pop the lock on my GTS to steal it (other than ther fact he was a MORON!)

Coat hanger...old radio antenna with a "J" in it. if you can get the window down, so much the better (BE CAREFUL NOT TO SCRATCH THE GLASS!!!)

From the outside side of the window, slide the "J" part of your hook down the door. Towards the back of the door you'll feel it hitting the rod. Pull up. if you hear a click, this will either open the door or unlock the lock. Then try it.

Since you are feeling something, I'm betting the lock is not unlocking. If the handle rod had come off there would be no pressure on the handle, esp inside.

Reply to
HachiRoku

sorry for the typo...the locks are working cause i can hear it engaging and disengaging + when turning the key the lock moves on the inside as well to show that it is unlocked...but the handles on the inside and outside has

*no* pressure on them....so i iknow that its the door handles that are not working....more than likely the problem is right where the latch opens the door...considering the inside and outside handles both dont work..thanks for any help
Reply to
mtscorp