95 Camry Hood & Rear gas strut installation

I'm having some trouble installing this gas strut that I got off of Ebay into my 95 camry wagon. How do I get the Rod End of the strut (the side that connects to the car, not the hood) off of the bracket? Do i really have to drill it out to put the other one on? Or is there some kind of clip i'm missing?

Smowk

Reply to
Smowk

Maybe the eBay product is trying to be a one-size fits all..... His auction does mention: "On some year Camry's you will need to drill the rivet on the factory support in order to re-use the factory bracket." No directions with the units? Maybe you local parts store can help you. Good luck. Bob

Reply to
BeeP

Most of the ones I have seen either unscrew using an 8mm wrench, or have a clip you pull to release it. Don't see either one of these?

Reply to
hachiroku

hachiroku wrote in news:NVPYd.1246$jt6.748@trndny07:

you can take the bracket off. but new struts don't come with a new bracket. you have to drill the old strut out to use the old bracket.

weird, i was looking for an easier way...or a place to buy the bracket...but oh well...to the drill press it is

Smowk

Reply to
Smowk