95 Camry LE could not start after Anti-Theft System removed

Hi,

Now it has 183k miles; new distribution's coil, contribution's condensor, igniter; But could not start.

Initially, it had the problem not starting, so my friend and I discovered the burnt condensor, and coil located inside the distribution housing causing 30A fuse broke each time trying to crank. We replaced the condensor, coil, and igniter purchased from toyota, then we was able to drive 3 miles to get home.

Then: (1) I decided to remove the new battery to put the 1-year old battery back on the car. And returned it to the store where I bought it from. The engine was running with 1-year old battery.

(2) Then, my friend and I decided to remove the anti-theft system since we are no longer interest to have it because I often forget to have the alarm gone off borthering the neighbor. The anti-theft system was added on when I purchased this new 95 Camry from toyota dealer. The engine was running with the anti-sytem removed.

(3) Then, I tested by hitting my remote control to see if my doors lock/unlock, and found out that the doors were no longer locked neither unlocked. The engine could not start since then. Is it possible my engine disabled by anti-theft system still although we removed the anti-theft system?

From what I read from some one in this forum: The anti-theft system

has an engine immobilizer that prevents the car from starting. Here what I have tried to reset the alarm system as following steps to : (a) removed the positive battery terminal for 5 minutes, then (b) closed the all doors, and trunk, then (c) locked the doors by car key, then (d) unlocked the doors by turn key twice to unlock all doors, then (e) start the engine, engine turned, but could not start

Result: no go

Previous and current problem: The driver door lock has been having problem not complete in lock position or unlocked position for couple of years. Other people in this forum mentioned about the door solenoid/motor is bad.

Question 1: Is that because of driver door having a bad solenoid/motor so that why I could not clear the engine immobilizer although I have a car key? (Cost to replace the solenoid is about $400)

Question 2: Did I destroy my car ECM unit by trying to lock/unlock the doors after the anti-theft system removed?

Thanks.

D. Tran

Reply to
dd2tran